The Pew Research Center, a nonpartisan American think tank based in Washington, D.C., published key facts on social trends among Asian sub groups in the U.S. based on research conducted from 2000 – 2015.
Listed below are some key findings on people originating from India:
- The Indian population in the U.S., in 2000 was 1,900,000 and in 2015 it was 3,982,000.
- 80 percent of Indians ages 5 and older are proficient in English.
- Educational attainment of the Indian Population in the U.S. in 2015
|Category||High school or less||Some college||Bachelor’s Degree||Postgrad Degree|
- Economic characteristics of U.S. Indian population, 2015
|Among ALL Indians in US||Among US-Born Indians||Among Foreign-Born Indians|
|Median Annual Household Income||$100,000||$85,000||$100,001|
- Top 10 U.S. metropolitan areas by Indian population, 2015
|Metro Area||Indian Population|
|San Jose, CA||165,000|
|Dallas Fort Worth||145,000|