The Defense Offsets Management Wing (DOMW), created in 2012 is the successor to the erstwhile Defense Offsets Facilitation Agency (DOFA) works in close collaboration with Defence Acquisition Wing for implementation of India’s Defense Offset guidelines. DOMW is part of the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defense and is responsible for formulation of Defence Offsets Guidelines and all matters relating to post contract management.
The functions of DOMW include:
- Formulation of Defense Offset Guidelines
- Monitoring the discharge of offset obligations (including audit/ review of vendor progress reports
- Participation in Technical and Commercial evaluation of offset proposals prior to contract award
- Implementation of Offset Banking Guidelines
- Administration of penalties under offset contracts in consultation with Acquisition Wing
Amritt offers help in the Offset process and counter trade in many different ways.
- In addition to offering offset partner evaluation, we can train the offset partners. We can also work with you to enable offset partners enter the defense industry as well as train them to work with the west. Amritt’s experts can aid you to develop export capability among your proposed partners. Not only can Amritt use its expertise to interpret the offset policies, but it can leverage its wide network in India to aid in this process as well.
- We can also help offset-capable suppliers to find the right OEM seller who need offset partnerships.