AarhusKarlshamn (AAK) the Swedish vegetable oils and fats provider, has acquired 51% of the shares of Kamani Oil Industries Pvt. Ltd., a specialty and semi-specialty oils and fats companies in India. The remaining 49% of the shares will continue to be owned by the Chawla family and Prakash Chawla will continue as chief executive officer. Additionally there is a provision for a put/call option under which AAK could acquire the remaining 49% of the company within the next three-seven years.
Kamani Oil posted revenues of approximately $119 million last year, with an annual volume of 26,417,205 gallons or about 100,000 tons.
The AAK Group said that the acquisition is an integral part of AAK’s company program AAKtion and that it will strengthen AAK’s presence in a fast-growing economy, reports Bloomberg Business.